We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Don't settle for plain avocado toast - top it with a zesty olive relish, tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic! This makes a filling and satisfying weekday breakfast.
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with The California Olive Committee.
An avocado smashed on top of toast with plenty of salt, pepper and lemon juice is a pleasant snack, but add a relish made with buttery California Ripe Olives spooned over top and you’ve got my attention.
Plus capers and tomatoes, oh my!
When shopping for your olives, look for California Green Ripe Olives. They have a buttery flavor and a meaty texture that we love in simple recipes like this.
Tame the sharpness of the onion by marinating it briefly in lemon and vinegar; you’ll still get plenty of onion flavor without the sting. Then stir in the tomatoes, chopped olives, and capers to complete the relish.
Load it on the toast, and add some crunch with toasted pine nuts. You will never tire of this avocado toast.
More Avocado Toast Recipes
- 3 Ways to Make Avocado Toast with California Ripe Olives
- Avocado Toasts with Fried Egg, Olives, and Smoked Paprika
- Avocado Toasts with Pan-Seared Corn, Olives, and Queso Fresco Recipe
Avocado Toasts with Olive Relish, Tomatoes, and Balsamic Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced California Green Ripe Olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices hearty whole grain, artisan-style bread, or another bread of your choice
- 2 avocadoes, halved, pit removed, and sliced
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1 Make the relish: In a bowl, stir together the red onion, lemon juice and vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes while you chop the tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers and parsley to the bowl. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
The relish can be made a few hours ahead of serving and kept refrigerated. If making further ahead, wait to add the tomatoes and parsley until ready to serve.
2 In a toaster, toast the bread until golden brown, or to the desired doneness.
3 Add the toppings: Top each piece of toast with slices of avocado (left in slices or mashed with a fork), then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Squeeze a lemon wedge over each avocado toast. Top with the olive relish and the pine nuts.
4 Serve the toasts immediately.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!